Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Walking Through Egg Shells


My out look on life as a lot to do with my attitude, health, and overall hope. I choose to walk on the sunny side of the street where I can soak up positive rays of sunshine. Yes I fight with the doubts and distrust that the devil throws in my path…sometimes I stumble, sometimes I fall…but I always get back up, brush it off, nip in the butt and ask that hope be put back into my life. I can be my own worst enemy and I do not need any help from a pessimistic imp of a devil helping me break.

Walking on Egg Shells

So I try to wear an optimistic approach to my way of thinking, keeping my thoughts bright and cheery, even though troubles and evil lurk in every alley on that street. I tell myself not to look down those dark and gloomy paths, but to stay focused ahead to my destination…headed to those Streets of Gold one day, where everything will be forever jolly and good.  The end result of the journey through life will be worth the walk.

9/30 Today I am grateful for the sunny~side of things

I pray that you have a beautiful sun-drenched day.


10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

A good way to look at life..after all, we do have so many, many blessings! ;D

Faith said...

It is an absoulutley stunning fall day here..sunny,blue skies, and 60
degrees..beautiful...a blessing indeed, so glad I was able to get out and enjoy. Thank you Cora

Nancy said...

What a great reminder for us all to check our attitudes through the day and what a great analogy with the eggs....I think this one will definitely stick with me......

Someone told me it's like flying in an airplane...if you look out one side you see dark dreay rain and if you look at the other side you see sunshine...which side will I choose to look out of....your point exactly......

Unknown said...

I love the way you think!

Holly said...

lovely! I want that cupcake! :)

Shelby and Bev said...

it really is a choice, isn't it? i choose the sunny side too, cora...yes, we all have days where things may seem dark, but i make a choice to give it to god, and snap out of it!!
xo

Cindy said...

Cora..I love the thought! I have not been commenting on all the thankfuls..but they have all been beautiful!!You need to put them in a book..just sayin..smiling!!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

love the music right now!!

Char said...

the sunny side of the street is always the side that gives me strength too. i love that about you.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Life is so much easier when we have Jesus in our heart and in our life. I just love the hope that He gives so we can live on the sunny side of life until we reach our final destination. Thank you Cora for your insightful words that remind us how blessed we are! I remember your 30 days of gratitude last year and I just loved every day of it... looking forward to this year's list! =]

christina said...

you make me smile. you really do.

love ya
love
ya
!