Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ever Changing

Ever Changing
As many of you know by now, I love vintage, old, antique, and retro.
I love a good junk or thrift store! Yes I do!
I love to photgraph old houses, barnes and other buildings.
Things from days-gone-by are my love.
They reflect the past; tell stories, and illustrate the ever changing times.

 As I passed this fairyland house while shopping the 502 Miles of the U.S. 11 Antique Alley Yard Sale one year, I came to a sudden stop, turned the car around quickly, stopped and jumped out…I stood mesmerized at its beauty and the story it would tell. My imagination ran with thoughts of the people it raised, gathered round in each room, working and playing. I pictured the work that had to be done to keep up this place, make it run, and support its families. God’s beautiful nature outside just adds to the scene. A small church sits to the left in the foreground next to the road making it a place I would love to live in….out in the rural country…quiet and serene. I clicked photos for a good 20-30 minutes or so…trying to capture its true splendor and glory. Oh what I would have given to go closer and even inside this home. Needless to say among my great yard sale finds of old and vintage; I found this place…a place of the past bringing beauty to the present.

17/30 Today I am grateful for the past…all things old, vintage, retro and antique!
PS: plus yard sales, thrift stores and junk!




Note: My photo has been worked with an aged, painterly look using textures, etc…

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We must be soul sisters, you sound just like me! I'd LOVE to see this place in person, what a charming home and beautiful place to live! I didn't want your post to end.....heavy sigh!

Julie Harward said...

WOW...I loved it too..reminds me of the place I grew up...just beautiful! Come say hi :D

Unknown said...

So love this place & write, Cora ... so me, too. I often stand in awe of places like this & 'wonder', too ...

Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving holiday season ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

HOLLY said...

I remeber this house! I would LOVE to live in it...so beautiful! Cant wait until we can yard sale again!!!! Loves

Amy said...

Oh how I would love to hear the stories that house could tell :)
Amy~

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Add my name to your "grateful list", Cora. I agree!

Cindy said...

Cora, that is a beautiful picture and the way it looks like a painting. very beautiful. I love old, antiques and junk. maybe we are sisters. lol.
hugs my friend. thanks for the lovely comment on my blog this am. made me smile. it has snowed all day. take care. hugs.

Traci said...

What a find - love your processing here, too!