I’m having lots of fresh veggies from my garden and that makes me giddy!! Yep it does! Wish I could say that I plow with this old tractor but...
We have extended the size of the garden though... Allllll-most doubled in size, which meant putting up more fence...yuk…hard work. Then we built more raised boxes 3’x10’x10”…building them was the easy part…getting them level on the ground was the hard part! Now we just have to fill them with soil. $$ oh my! But in the end we will reap our rewards with a harvest for years to come…Cucumbers, peas, tomatoes, okra, red potatoes, yellow squash, broccoli and onions. And that just for right now! Fresh is the best! ~Just incase you are wondering why the fence and why raised boxes?…well our dirt is hard clay in most spots and nothing grows well in concrete dirt…and the fence keeps Bambi, Thumper, and Peter Rabbit from enjoying my veggies before we do! ~~~
A friend asked me to share some recipes because she was stumped about what to fix lately for their evening meals. So I thought I would share my favorite Lasagna recipe. It is so easy and so delish. I took this dish along with a lemon cheese cake to my grieving friends when we lost our neighbor to a bad stroke. They raved on it! So here’s my easy
No Boil Lasagna
2-15 ounce containers of Ricotta cheese
2 cups o mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1-16 ounce jars of meaty spaghetti sauce
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
Combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and eggs. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a cup of sauce, layer 4 uncooked noodles, then 1 cup sauce and half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining 4 uncooked noodles and 2 cups of sauce. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375* for one hour. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I add sautéed onions, mushrooms and bell pepper to mine because I love them!!
This recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to pop into the oven! Serve with a fresh salad, rolls or garlic toast, and iced tea.
It’s not your basic meat and taters meal *winking* but it is oh so good and easy! Enjoy!
*****Now on to taking care of some fun business…I have received some nice awards lately and I wanted to share them and thank the givers. First comes from Renee at Sewn with Grace. She has a passion for quilting, sewing, knitting, and crafting and does a beautiful job while sharing her faith and family. She presented me with The Trendy Blog Award.
Mama Holli at No Body Put Mama in a Corner
Cindy at Rick-Rack and Gingham
Manda at There is a Time
Kim at Homesteaders Heart
Michelle at Love to Junk
Angie at Berry Homespun Primitives
Lindsay at Southern Cinderella
Jacqueline at My Daily Discovery
Sares at Love Leigh Treasures
Whew…I’m out of breath!! Now go visit these lovely trendy ladies! They are awesome!
My next award comes from Cindy AKA Cinner.
For this award you get to find out a little more about me…so here goes….
1. What is the most memorable dream you ever had? My dreams would be those goals that I wanted to meet…like get married, have a child, and live happily ever after. I am living the dream.
2. Do you have a 'spirit' or totem animal or an animal you feel particularly connected with? Hummmmm…Well now I just don’t know about a totem? And my spirit is not of the animal kind… so I guess I will just say this “I love kitties”…but you already knew that huh?
3. If you could go on any journey tomorrow, where would you end up? Hey I’m on the journey right now…my journey through life…you know the good life…and by the grace of God my life’s journey will end up in heaven for eternity.
4. A cozy winter's eve by the hearth or a warm summer's day by the sea? I’ll take either one of these…both are very nice and comfy.
5. If you could conquer one fear, what would it be? The fear of creepy crawly things and those creatures that slither around…yuk.
6. What is your favorite poem? Not much into poetry but do love a good quote and good books to read.
7. What are your most frequently used herbs and what do you use them for? I have never grown herbs…yet…but I’m planning to grow some lavender and thyme…I already have the seeds, so we’ll see how it pans out.
8. Savory snacks or sweet puddings? both
9. What is one thing you wish to achieve this year? Just one…you’ve got to be kidding me? I give up…………………………
10. What would your perfect day consist of ? Prayer.Coolness.Simplicity.Goodness.FreshAir.Easiness.Happiness.Contentment.
****OK…enough is enough…sorry this is so long. Thanks to Renee and Cindy for thinking of me. Oh gosh I was supposed to pass this last award on to three friends…but I will let you decide who you are. If “Life is Good” to you, take this one a run with it, let us all know how good it is!!
MY GARDEN IS GOOD
LASAGNA IS GOOD
LIFE IS GOOD
GOD IS GOOD