Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunshine on my shoulder….

Sun Puffed

I welcome the sunshine on any thing today. I want to spread it on my morning toast.  It’s so uplifting to see it bright and shiny, bursting through the morning. Makes you think of spring and its rebirth of nature, love, and us! I can remember being in the hospital in high school. It was late February when I went in for a week…a long restless week, and in a matter of just seven days the earth had sprang forth new growth; green grass, bulbs shooting up for flowers to show their faces, and blossoms on the fruit trees…Beautiful is nature’s canvas in spring! And the birds…they were singing as if they were on stage at the opera…songs of praise, joy and happiness. They owned the world! As I look outside this morning I see sunshine and blue birds, my favorite right up there with the house wren. They are flittering around trying to decide which house in my backyard to rent out for spring. They will soon begin to build their comfy little nests and welcome little babies into this world; showing us that life continues all around us no matter what is going on in our lives. The sun is warming up the freshly tilled dirt in my garden where new seeds are planted…I’m hoping to see sprouts soon.
Spring is a celebration!
Beauty Is Seen Through The Heart
A time to say good-bye to winter’s blah colors and coldness. I am so ready for this goodbye! Goodbye winter Hello spring…you are welcome here! I am ready for you to splash all your beautiful pastel colors on the countryside; setting a budding backdrop for us to covet. On my brisk walk to our mailbox which sits at the road at the end of our long driveway, I see the promise of spring everywhere. The bulbs are sprouting up; I see little blades of green in the brown grass, and new growth on the limbs of the bushes. There’s coolness in the air just to let you know winter is still here and he’s not giving up yet. The sky is a watered down shade of blue with a few transparent clouds scattered about. I place my bit of love in the mailbox, lift the red flag and begin my stroll back to the house; breathing in the freshness and soaking up the sun. I wish I could bottle it up today and save it for one of those gloomy days that are still yet to come...

My bubble of beautiful spring thoughts is burst by my TV which is on behind me as I write this post. I’m totally disgusted and sickened at the show that is on; Wife Swap. One wife spends $34,000.00 a year on her appearance and clothes and the other wife has not shaved under her arms in 6 years and her whole family uses the same bath water. They choose to live this life style.  Oh my! Do they make this stuff up for TV or is this for real?

Gosh I feel the need to be productive;
leaving you with thoughts of spring and some love...
Perfect eGGs

"In the hope of reaching the moon men fail to see
the flowers that blossom at their feet"
~Albert Schweitzer

Until spring arrives….




My word for 2010-Experience
I experienced a life style shocker

11 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

wow---spring is there already? i admire you putting some love in the mailbox...it's too cold here to go for a walk.

love your pic of the eggs.

hope you have a great day.

Johanna said...

stunning pics! Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

such beautiful pics...thank you for brightening my day.

Dawn said...

Oh Cora, I always love your photographs.
And you are so funny and sweet!
xo

Kitty said...

I absolutely loved your photographs!

christina said...

oh honey, these are just gorgeous photos. they warm me in every way. especially with the sweet snow, falling outside my window. hello spring... i know you are coming.
xoxo

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Wow! You lucky girl! We didn't get to see sunshine and birds today. We saw snow and rain and raining snow. But that's okay because I will see Spring through your pictures and your warm words! What a nice and refreshing post... then I come to the Wife Swap story and have to laugh out loud! What a crazy, crazy world we live in.

Thank you for the lovely pictures of Spring that you painted for us today. Have a wonderful week my dear friend~

Twyla and Lindsey said...

We have snow and frigid temps. Thank you for the little spot of springtime here. Your pictures are beautiful. Have a nice week! Twyla

Traci said...

What beautiful and cheery flower photos! And you are SO funny! Thanks for the chuckle.

Tara said...

Such amazing pictures Cora! I am very ready for Spring too and all of it's freshness!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Cora~ your photography is awesome! I always leave with a smile.