Friday, January 15, 2010

Dress your strap

I mentioned in a previous post that I would be making a camera strap cover for my camera….
well it’s all done and I love it! See:

You can make you one too, it’s so easy. Go visit Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew for the step by step tutorial with photos.
Thanks Allison for these wonderful instructions.

 I got my material at Hobby Lobby, my favorite place right now!
And you know it had to be pink, brown and green!
It does not take much at all, so you can pull some left over fabric from
the scrap box or you can even piece small pieces for fabric together and get really crafty.
I chose two different fabrics so that mine is two-sided.


I added a little something different to mine after adding the padding.
As you can see here in this photo,
I did some fancy *for me* swirl quilting with the sewing machine.
Now Holly’s machine is nothing fancy at all,
a gift from her husband’s Grannie, and does not do any fancy stitching, so anyone can do this.
Just start sewing swirls, etc. It adds a nice and personal touch.
It doesn’t have to be all perfect or anything, just let it be you!


It hardest part was turning it right-side out after you are finished sewing.
The next hard part is slipping it over the camera strap…well mine was tricky
because it fit rather tight just like I wanted it to. No slipping here!

Don’t you just love it? Now go make you one or two or three..
and please share them with me so I can see too!  Then enjoy your new dressed up baby!
Smile for the camera
I’m going to be making some rice bags out of the remaining fabric. You’ll see!!

A word for you today…..
Are you seeking the gifts or the Giver?
Sometimes we get so caught up in seeking God's presents that we forget all about His presence!
God wants every believer to remain in His presence and have a
personal relationship with Him just like you would with any other friend.

The rewards of seeking God are awesome; not only will you develop a closer relationship with God, but you will also find true joy and contentment. ~Psalm 16:11 says, "You will fill me with joy in your presence."
In other words, joy is found in God's presence--not His presents!
Evaluate your life to make sure that you're seeking God, not just His gifts.
 These inspirational words and more can be found at Christ’s Notes.

Have a blessed weekend filled with joy!

13 comments:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Love it! I really like your fabric, they work wonderfully together! Can't wait to see the rice bags!

Thank you for the reminder to seek God's presence. It's so easy to get caught up in everything that's going on, that we forget where true joy comes from. Only from Him can we experience it! And He has so much He wants to give us!! Thanks Cora, have a blessed day~

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Cora

I do, I do love it. So girly and perfect for some fun photos!

Enjoy!
Leann

Anonymous said...

your creativity amazes me every time.

Anonymous said...

you are so truly talented my friend! i love your camera strap! thank you for your wise words...have a wonderful weekend!

Caroline said...

OK...you should make and sell these on ETSY!!! I bought one on ETSY that I love...but I would totally buy one from you too...one can never have too many cute camera straps!

Char said...

i so need to do one of these - I've had my new camera for over a year now and haven't even put the strap on it. maybe i would if it was cute.

Design A-Peele said...

soo cute! Love it! Thank you for sharing :)

Tara said...

I want one of these! That boring old black strap needs to be jazzed up. I can't sew though, I may just have to bribe my Nana again!

Janean said...

Cora, i'm home and want to thank you for your sweet comments!
The strap -- the fabric and way you quilted it is just way too perfect!
Also appreciated the Scripture and reminder. I'll keep that in mind in prayer time this morning. (hugs)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Now you will always be in style!

The Undomestic Mom said...

What a great idea! I love that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing me Cora and I'm glad it worked for you! I've had that on my to do list forever to make me a new one, this might be a good day to do that! -Allison

SE'LAH... said...

These are awesome!!!!

Thanks for sharing.