How well do you know Christmas? This is an interesting fun trivia challenge about Christmas. See how many you can get right. The answers are at the end of this post, just after the pictures of my sugar cookies that will make you want to go bake some. Have fun!
1. What item was used for Frosty the Snowman’s nose?
2. What company is credited with being the first to see Santa Claus in an ad?
c. Cracker Jack
3. In 1979, the National Christmas Tree in Washington, DC was unlit except for one ornament. Why?
a. oil embargo/energy crisis
b. American hostages in Iran
c. terrorism threats
d. a squirrel damaged the wiring
c. sheep and camels
5. The poinsettia, a plant long associated with Christmas, is native to what country?
6. In what movie is Santa Claus put on trial to determine if he’s insane-and the US Postal Service saves the day?
b. Miracle on 34th Street
c. Babes in Toyland
d. The Nightmare Before Christmas
d. asked him to play again
8. What Christmas character was created for a department store advertising campaign?
a. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
b. Saint Nicholas
c. The Grinch
d. Nester the Long-Earred Christmas Donkey
b. Snowball fight
c. ice skating
a. Bert and Ernie
b. Felix and Oscar
c. George and Gino
d. Frankie and Johnny
11. What first lady wrote a Christmas story about a little girl named Marta for a magazine?
a. Bess Truman
b. Eleanor Roosevelt
c. Barbara Bush
d. Rosalynn Carter
a. The Ghost of Christmas Past
c. Jacob Marley
d. Bob Marley
Christmas cookie baking......it's a must this time of year....
it's also fun and oh so yummy!
Here's the mess I was left with....
I love my old vintage cookie cutters........
~Fresh out of the oven~
and now the frosting.....what a sticky mess!!
But it dried hard and looked really good!
I also baked some Oatmeal raisin cookies too, with walnuts!***********
Tomorrow is our travel day....we are off to Louisiana to spend the week
with Holly and Richard for Christmas. All this baking is going with us.
Please pray that we have a safe trip.
Hopefully I will visit with you later in the week.
Here's wishing you and yours a very
Merry and Delightful Christmas!
"Gather 'round the Christmas tree,
Hold hands with those you love.
Join hearts in celebration
Of our gift from God above."
1. a. Button
2. d. Coca-Cola
3. b. American hostages in Iran
4. d. none
5. a. Mexico
6. b. Miracle on 34th Street
7. c. nodded
8. a. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
9. c. Ice skating
10. a. Bert and Ernie
11. b. Eleanor Roosevelt
12. c. Jacob Marley
Christmas Blessings :)