Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Salad

Christmas Salad
With all the "stuffing" we have done in the last week, it is nice to have something light to eat. This simple salad is delicious and very healthy. Here’s what you will need for the salad:
Tomatoes and PearSpring Mix lettuce greens
Cherry tomatoes
Carrots-shredded
Walnuts-toasted
Cranberries, dried and sweetened, I used Craisins
Golden raisins
Golden pear-cut in bite size pieces
Toss altogether with S&P if desired

And for the dressing:
Salad Dressing
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
Balsamic vinegar


Mix together more oil than the vinegars because the vinegars are rather strong. A good ratio is 3 parts oil to 1 part each vinegar. Shake well right before pouring onto your salad.

Enjoy this tasty light lunch from now until we “stuff” ourselves again as Christmas draws nearer and all the good food is brought out again.



I’ve combed through my cookbooks and have gathered in a list some of the things I want to prepare for Christmas like…….Crock Pot Candy, Cherry Delight, Date Balls, and homemade Caramel Popcorn….and of course sugar cookies. My Christmas Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks are my favorite….they will put you into a festive mood upon opening the book.
What are you preparing to fix throughout this holiday season?
Please share some recipes with us all.

And don’t forget about my give-away….go here to leave a comment so you will be included in the drawing on the 8th of December.
Good luck.

I look forward to each day with you!
"Happiness is a homespun Christmas!"




11 comments:

Holly said...

so yummy! can't wait to see you again...

Char said...

that is one of my favorite salads - craisins, pears and apples too. I usually combine it with some sort of cheese and crunchy nuts.

yummy. i've also used the raspberry vinegar for the dressing and it's equally as yummy.

can't wait to see the cookies.

Sandra Lundy said...

That looks so good!

I have made one similar to this with just the cranberries mixed in and some feta cheese. Those little dried berries/raisins make the best difference in a salad....YUM!

Amber said...

That looks yummy! So nice after carb-overload!!!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Gotta love Gooseberry Patch!! I've had quite a few of my cookbooks out this past week. I keep finding all kinds of good things I want to try! =]

christina said...

Crock pot candy?? I would love that recipe! Yummy.
I am telling you~ I adore Goose berry patch cookbooks! They remain on my desk!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

i am going to have to make this...it looks and sounds so yummy!

Maegan Beishline said...

This looks super yummy! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the recipe!

Tara said...

Your salad does indeed look tasty. On the agenda for tonight however is chili and cinnamon rolls. I thought it sounded good since the weather is expected to dip into the teens tonight. Buuurrrrrr!

Southern Cinderella said...

i LOVE crock pot candy! i've already started holiday baking including; peanut butter fudge, holiday crackers, and snickerdoodles! I can't wait to make sugar cookies also!

beth said...

what a yummy salad.....
I'll add this to my recipe list !