Here’s what for supper tonight:
Chicken Marsala and Yeast Rolls with Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pie! Can’t wait!
The Chicken Marsala recipe is from my dear friend Libby, who loves to cook and has hundreds of recipe books! She reads them like reading a good novel. She was kind enough to share this one with me back in 2007. It is so good.
¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 (6 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups sliced mushrooms
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup Marsala wine
1. Place flour in a shallow dish, and dredge chicken in flour.
2. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
3. Add mushrooms to pan; coat mushrooms lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add Marsala, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done and wine is slightly reduced. Serve mushroom mixture over chicken. Can also be served over your favorite pasta.
Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pie
2 pkg. (8oz ea) of cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 ready made graham cracker pie crust 6 oz.
1. Preheat oven 375F
2. Beat cream cheese in electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
3. Add sugar; beat until well blended
4. Add sour cream, lemon juice and zest, mixing well.
5. Add eggs, one at a time mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended.
6. Pour in ready made pie shell.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
I can really make a mess when I'm in the kitchen! So my Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl comes in very handy and useful! Love it!!
A view of the pre-cooked cheesecake pie! Looks like pudding!
Love my KitchenAid! (sigh)
A Dollar Tree kitchen must-have!
These little spatulas are great for scooping out your measuring cups...etc.
...and finally the finished product! Hot out of the oven...it has not even settled yet! Now for the cooling and chilling....it will be so worth it!
All so easy and even better tasting. So much for trying to loose a pound or fifty! Enjoy.