Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dreams

Dreams

Dreams and visions of a more beautiful time.
Saying my ABC’s
Dreams are for the letter “D”
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

The Graugnard House faces the mighty Mississippi River, however the view is now blocked by a giant levy to protect the house from rising flood waters. State Hwy 44 separates the house and the levy. Behind the house sits a modern day factory or refinery of some sort. In my review the scenery is not what used to be by any means. I can picture in my minds eye the mighty Mississippi rolling past with great fields of cotton and sugar cane growing all around this house and children running barefoot while playing and laughing. Giant live oaks may have once provided masses of shade and lots of beautiful flowers. Can’t you just see it?
See more here and here.

1 comment:

Char said...

yes, I can - gorgeous series