Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mississippi Mud


Busy, Busy Busy…
But I love it. My little family, Holly and Richard, are home. They arrived yesterday with their fur babies from New Orleans. We will gather together with other family members on Wednesday and Thursday. These are the holidays I love.

Holly told me it already felt like Christmas with all the food and good treats. She had to wrap some Christmas presents early, so that also added to the Christmas spirit and the tone of this holiday season.

I have been busy in the kitchen, cooking some really great recipes. I love to cook now that I stay at home and no longer work.

Here is one recipe that I want to share with you after having some requests for it…

 If you noticed my recipe card in the photos does have some changes to the frosting recipe…yes I sometimes change them around. I used a basic chocolate cream cheese frosting, because I love it. It was harder to frost the hot marshmallows, no doubt, because this frosting does NOT drizzle! It was like trying to nail jello to a tree… But if you let the marshmallows cool off you can spread this icing on with no problem. It’s all about what you like, huh? Here’s the recipe for the basic Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting if you would like to try it:

Cream together a soften 8 oz. cream cheese with ½ stick of softened butter. Add 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar, one cup at the time, mixing until smooth. Mix in ½ cup cocoa. Love it!

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday week…I know I am. I’m grateful on this 23rd day of my 30 days of gratitude for being able to spend this time together with my loved ones; cooking, laughing, hunting (the guys), eating good food, playing, shopping, and of course having a nap or two! I love the busyness in my life.

Many blessings to you…




13 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I love the kitchen when it gets all messy from making wonderful recipes! I love this one and have been making it for years. Have a great time! :D

Anonymous said...

The link for the recipe didn't work for me. :(

Cora said...

It's working now...thanks for letting me know. I did have trouble with it when I was trying to post it.

Cindy said...

Have a wonderful time Cora, so glad Holly is home and Richard too of course. happy holidays.

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Bright blessings!

Kitty said...

Omygosh that looks so good... Going to go get the stuff to make it tonight! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Unknown said...

Cora,,, Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family.. Enjoy every moment.. Remember that at the end of the day (here on earth) family is the one thing that is not OVER RATED.!!!
Blessing to you !

Char said...

yum!!! i admit i bought cakes this year. i wanted them to taste good and look pretty!

lisa said...

yum! i am so making this pie!!! thank you.

happy thanksgiving!

Stella said...

I used to make this recipe when my kids were little. My girls asked me just last week why I don't make it anymore. The truth is if I make it I eat it. With no kids at homee that's a lot of eating. Thanks for sharing and bringing back great memories. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Relyn Lawson said...

These are such gorgeous images. LOVE THEM!! It's Thanksgiving Day today and I wanted to stop by and wish all my friends the happiest day. I wanted to tell you that when I count my blessings, you will be among them. Thank you for adding to the richness of my experience in the blog world. Your blog is a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for that. Happy, happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

hope you are enjoying your time with family. just wanted you to know that i am thinking of you. have a blessed weekend. lots of hugs sent your way.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Love the vintage pieces in these photos! Now that I don't work outside the home, I do love to cook and bake also, before it was such a chore. So much more fun when you actually like to do it, lol. Glad you had such a great time with Holly and the family!