Monday, November 29, 2010

Hands

A Heaping Handful

I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
Psalm 63:4 NIV

Heaping handfuls of love…
Hands that hold
Hands to help
Hands that grow old.

Hands that create
Hands that upon us lay
Hands to stir
Hands that play.

Hands that write sweet words
Hands that give and share
Hands our burdens bare
Hands that heal
And hands that feel.

Hands that are itty bitty
Hands to lend
Hands that caress
Hands that can mend.

Hands that speak
Hands that work
Hands to reach and keep.

Hands that lift and pray
Hands to fold
Hands to cover
Hands so bold.

But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands."
Nehemiah 6:9 NIV

29/30 Today I am grateful for my hands and for the hands of others in my life.


Please visit my previous post where I had to catch up days 24-28 of my 30 days of Gratitude! 

10 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you so much for those wonderful texts of Scripture about our hands - I've just been studying our hearts and eyes and mouths in God's Word and hands are next!
Blessings
Christine

Sherry said...

Your post was a blessing. I am thankful for hands to lift to the Lord.

Sewn With Grace said...

So grateful for your hand's Cora and the way they type and write your beautiful posts. Have a blessed Monday!

Julie Harward said...

I enjoyed your post today..you always write good ones! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving too :D

Erin Wallace said...

Cora, this is So Beautiful. I am smiling and trying to find the words to tell you how wonderful this post is; I suppose I just have.

Char said...

so very beautiful.

i have enjoyed your month's writings. so often i nod my head along and go "me too".

Anonymous said...

being grateful for hands is truly a beautiful blessing.

Lady Jane said...

I have enjoyed reading all those inspiring words. I too enjoy all things handmade and get lost in my workshop sometimes. God Bless, Lady Jane

Tara said...

Loveleigh post! I don not know HOW you stayed awake for that marathon of shopping you mentioned, my hat's off to you!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

What a cool photo of the leaf! Wonderful poem about hands too and so very true!