Notice I said somewhat-normal. I am not perfect. No body knows me better than me…well except the One that counts. But admitting to some of my aspects, you know those that we find hard to come clean about, is a touchy subject. If we choose to divulge them out in the open, we run the risk of people judging us…and no one likes to be judged? I do not want to portray any false ideas or lead you to believe I am someone I am not. I hope you read my blog because you enjoy it here. My fellow blogger Char, shared in all honesty about herself. I admire her for opening up and doing this. I love it that I can draw inspiration from other bloggers and friends. No hidden secrets, no surprises….This is me…take me or leave me; love me or hate me. My skeletons are coming out of the closet so beware…Bahahaha... There is the good and there is the bad…you know one has to come with the other. Just being honest. Why am I doing this….I don’t have a clue. Is it because they say "confessions are good for the soul"? Maybe. Maybe it is just something to blog about. Be wary and cautious as you proceed.
The not so pretty me…
• I hate to dust, and I hate dust. Yes there is dust in my house…somewhere. It makes me sneeze so that’s my excuse for not dusting very often.
• I love to eat. Food is good. I eat stuff that is not good for me, and believe me I am paying for it too…dearly.
• I complain about the heat in the summer and I will complain about the cold in winter. I am only satisfied in the fall and springtime of the year. Alabama has awful weather in the other two seasons. When I want it to snow, it rains. When I want it to rain, it’s dry as a bone and everything dies. Ok I’ll stop complaining now.
• I need to be a better Christian. Lord knows this is true, for He alone knows my heart and where it is. I try, yes I do. But sometimes it’s like trusting a blind person to pilot a plane. Or like jumping off a high cliff and thinking I will land on my feet and walk away. It is one giant leap of faith. Please forgive me Lord for I am not worthy of your blessings and forgiveness.
• I will talk about you behind the wheel of my car. But only if you are the one who cuts me off, takes up two lanes, or will not get into the turn lane until you are ready to turn. The talk is not nice sometimes. And don’t even think about slamming on the breaks in front of me.
• If I get your mail in my mail box I will look at the magazine before returning it. Junk mail will get thrown away and you should thank me.
• I dislike shallow-minded people who think only of themselves. It is not all about you, the clothes you wear, or how much money you have or pretend to have.
• I am not a real blond…not now anyway. I used to be and I liked it that way!
• I’m a cheap tipper. However if you really impress me, and this is not very often, I will be very generous. You have to earn your tip from me and I pay accordingly; no percentage involved.
• I do not like politicians and solicitors! Do NOT use my side door through our garage. I HAVE A FRONT DOOR! And DO NOT CALL my phone. I appreciate that you have a job, but I will not buy meat or seafood from the back of your truck; I appreciate that you believe in your religion, but I have my own beliefs and do not wish to start a debate; and I appreciate your desire to enter an elected office, but I do not wish to speak to you at or in my home.
• My feelings get easily hurt and I lack confidence in some areas. I cry when I get mad. I try to be a bad-ass but it just doesn’t work for me.
• I’m sure I could go on and on…….but I’m through downing myself and boring you. Please do not judge me too harshly.
My up side~
• If I see you drop money…I will run after you so I can give it back!
• I love good clean TV programs like Little House on the Prairie. I could have it on my TV all day. I believe I have seen very episode. Although I do not always sit and watch it…I like hearing it. The characters are like welcome guests in my home. It makes me feel good.
• I love to smile at people, especially old people. I will let them go ahead of me, offer them a hand, and just try to make them feel good. Some times I think it shocks them, especially if we are not of the same color. It’s nice to be nice.
• I’m honest. Years ago I somehow got out of the store without paying for a pair of shoes. Yes I put them on the counter, but or some odd reason the cashier did not ring them up with my other items. I did not notice until I got home. On my next trip to the store I went to the service desk with the shoes and told the girl I needed to pay for these. The look on her face was priceless and I don’t mean in a good way. She made me feel stupid for being honest…Oh and she never said thank-you!
• I will root for the under-dog.
• Your secret is safe with me. Tell me something in confidence and it will not be repeated. Mums the word.
• I am not materialistic.
• I have a soft spot in my heart for little children, the elderly, and animals. They do not deserve to be mistreated or harmed. You hurt them, you hurt my heart. They cry, I cry. I’m a sap.
• I can forgive. Although often hard to do, I know in my heart that it is the righteous thing to do. I let it go; knowing that one day you will have to answer for your misdeed. The bad part of this is that I will still have to deal with the memory and will never understand your reason for it but in my heart I have made peace with it. It doesn’t matter anymore and I do not have to understand it.
• I exercise my privileged right to vote. God help me to make the right choice.
• I’m a fairly neat person…I like things in their place. (Please put them back and if you don’t, oh well, I will)
• I love to give. The joy I receive from giving is the simple look of happiness on the recipients’ face. If it is a case of giving through a program…the joy I get is in knowing that someone is better off because of the small effort I made. One such giving is OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD . What a joy it is to fill a box, ship it across the oceans, and sense in your heart the happiness, joy, and excitement as a child opens it and feels your love.
• If you ask me to pray for you …I will.
Wow…this was harder than I thought….As I pondered over my good and bad traits, the bad seemed to come to me easier and quicker than the good. That does not look good through my eyes. What does this really say about me? Hummmm…. Oh well, keep me or leave me. It’s just me being honest. I have also learned a few things about myself through all this deep thinking, and that my friend is good. It tells me that I have some things to work on, that I am only human, and God still loves me. Thank you Char for making me open my own eyes and talk about a few of my imperfections, because God only knows this cannot be all of them.
PS. Check out Samaritans Purse and fill a shoe box with love this year.