Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fading and letting go....

Gone are these hydrangeas, now faded and dried, reminding me that summer is over and fall is here. A new season…one with crisp evenings, smells of cut baled hay & freshly dug peanuts, and pristine colors. Although the bright colors of summer are fading away, fall reveals a totally awesome color palette of yellows, oranges, browns, and reds. Throw a little purple in there and you have it all! Fall has a warmth about it too, and a new found strength; a strength to let go of some things and breathe deeper into other things. We as humans tend to hold on to the rubbish within ourselves. We should let those things fade along with summer and replenish the soul, readying ourselves for everything new!

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin."  Psalm 51:2 NIV

Welcome Fall!

3 comments:

Char said...

beautiful shot...

this rain has to go away

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Beautiful lesson!

Traci said...

Hello, Miss Cora! Stopping by to thank you for signing up to follow my blog - I was SO thrilled to see your picture and know I've made a new friend.
Your photography and processing is beautiful. I love your spiritual tie-in...thank you for sharing your wisdom.