Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oooo Wait…What’s this……?

Do I detect a nip of fall in the air…in the slightly cooler breeze......? Ahhhhhh…it’s such a good feeling. It has been nice enough lately that we could open the windows in the evenings, cut off the AC and let in some fresh air. Simply refreshing. Makes you look forward…...forward to the upcoming change of the seasons, when the air is filled with the smell of peanuts, freshly plowed in the fields, the start of high school football games, even though I don’t know a thing about football, and Pumpkins!
I love pumpkins!!! I love the real ones with their odd personality traits, the fake ones with their happy faces, and pumpkin pies! Anything pumpkin!
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin….
God picks you from the patch, brings you in,
and washes all the dirt off of you (baptism).
Then he cuts off the top (opens our heart)
and scoops out all the yucky stuff (sin).
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc., and
then He carves you a new (born again) smiling face and
puts His light (love) inside of you to shine for the entire world to see."

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
~Matthew 5:14-16
But will this little "cool spell" last….or is it just teasing us? I’m afraid it won’t last, sadly....our summers have been known to last well into the end of Sept. and sometimes the first of October. But alas....., I’m going to enjoy it while it’s here for a short stay or an early fall, which ever course it decides to take. I’ve got a roast in the crock…put it on this morning before church, just added the carrots, onion and celery (yuk) and will add the potatoes in a little while. Boy does it smell good…….gosh I‘ve got to get that "smell-a-vision" button on here! Well now that I’ve got your taste buds reeling for some home cooking, sorry, I’ll leave you with good thoughts of fall and all its smells, pumpkins, and Jesus!
Let your little light shine!
Blessings to you!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I want some roast! Mail it to me!!!!! Loves yall!

Char said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, roast! maybe I will do one this week too since the oven is still on the fritz.