Friday, July 24, 2009

My 50th Birthday!!



Feels like I have been away so long…..I am visiting my daughter, Holly and her husband Richard, in Belle Chasse, Louisiana. The day I got to their house, July 17th, we went down town New Orleans to the La Bayou Restaurant on Bourbon St., a favorite place of mine to eat….we had grilled and blackened alligator, jumbo shrimp and muffaletta sandwiches. Yum yum! We were celebrating my 50th birthday before Richard’s flight left for South Carolina the next morning for two weeks of BTM training. (My husband, Jackie could not go with me to LA because he had jury duty!) My big 5-0 birthday was Monday July 20th!! Feels weird saying I’m 50………We also visited the French Market. These pix were taken inside the Central Grocery Company store. Quaint cute little place!
Since then Holly and I have been doing the girly stuff….sewing, eating out, going to all the thrift stores and photographing some old southern plantations. I will share more about those things later.

Good thought to remember:
When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.



1 comment:

Char said...

sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you had a great birthday